The Tao of Biotechnology

Friday, December 02, 2005

GMOs and Choice

Here is an interesting article from Treehugger, “Arguments against GMOs (and Industrial Agriculture.) "

The most important argument against GMOs, for me, is that if GMOs take over the world, I will no longer be able to eat what I choose to eat. That’s an important issue. Now, I can eat organic if I choose. I can also eat non-organic, or even genetically modified. But as GMOs gain more and more prominence in the world, they will likely eliminate organic crops altogether, thereby eliminating one of my choices. That’s not right.

Is this a small price we have to pay for progress? I think it’s less about progress and benefits to consumers than it is about corporate profits.

Technorati tags: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Antibacterial and antimicrobial biotechnology information, personal response system research

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home