The Tao of Biotechnology

Monday, December 05, 2005

Genetic Research

I guess if I knew more of what was going on in the world I would be surprised by a lot of it. For example, in the UK alone there were 2.8 million experiments last year on animals, and about 800,000 experiments on genetically modified animals. So the monsters just keep on coming. You know, I’ve said this before I’m sure, but you can’t just continue making monsters, or experimenting with this kind of stuff without having some kind of consequences. The monster always escapes and goes on a killing rampage. That is the lesson or moral of every monster movie ever made. But are we learning from these lessons? I don’t think so, otherwise we would not continue as we are.

I would not be surprised if our scientists might someday accidentally create a virus and wipe out the human race. In fact they’ve already accidentally created a virus with that potential. It’s only a matter of time before something like that escapes, if it hasn’t already.

As I’ve also said before, if they find a cure for cancer, fine; if they kill a billion people, not so fine. They need to really be careful.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home